Is engagement really the best measurement of social media? In this episode, hosts Reed Smith and Chris Boyer discuss how social platforms have evolved, the influence they have on our mental health and the relevancy to marketing and communication strategies. They also contextualize the disturbing news about Facebook and some key takeaways that can influence a health system’s social media strategies. They are joined by Dr. Farris Timimi of Mayo Clinic, who shares his perspective on whether Facebook is too big to fail.
Mentions from the Show:
- TP13 – Social Media is Dead – Long Live Social Media
- TP25 – Is Social Media Good For Our Health?
- TP83 – Keep Calm, the Community Moderator is Here
- TP97 – Is Social Media Relevant to Your Brand?
- TP 134 – Is Facebook Still a Thing?
- TP145 – Is Facebook Too Big To Fail?
- 9 Horrifying Facts From the Facebook Whistleblower’s New 60 Minutes Interview
- Wall Street Journal – Facebook Files
- YouTube Is Banning All Content That Spreads Vaccine Misinformation
- Dr. Farris Timimi on LinkedIn
- Dr. Farris Timimi on Twitter