Imagine if Facebook was no longer part of your social media strategy…this is the scenario hosts Chris Boyer and Reed Smith discuss in this week’s episode. Inspired by a recent debate at a social media conference, they discuss the difficulties social media platforms face when they grow too large, and share some of the advances Facebook is making (controversial or otherwise) in the space of healthcare. They are joined by Dr. Farris Timimi, Medical Director of the Mayo Clinic Social Media Network, in which he shares his nuanced perspective on how health systems can best leverage the largest social media platform, warts and all.
Mentions from the Show:
- Is Facebook getting too big? Why their monopoly isn’t good for the internet
- Who Can Stop Facebook? Limiting the Power of Social Media
- How Facebook and Twitter are reacting to their growing influence on health
- Facebook launches preventive care tool in tandem with healthcare groups
- Dr. Farris Timimi on LinkedIn
- Dr. Farris Timimi on Twitter