Recent news revealed that a number of hospital websites were found to have passed sensitive PII (personal identifiable information) to the Meta company via the use of the Facebook Pixel. In this episode, hosts Chris Boyer and Reed Smith discuss the importance of pixel tracking for digital marketers, how many websites encourage the use of tracking pixels and the legal and privacy concerns that arise from the widespread usage. Jeremy Harrison from Multicare joins to share his perspective on the challenge of the Facebook Pixel for health systems.
Mentions from the Show:
- Meta hit with class action suit alleging it mined providers’ patient data
- What Is A Tracking Pixel—Explained In 800 Words Or Less
- Top 11 Pixels To Add To Your Website
- Is Facebook Pixel HIPAA compliant?
- We’re Living Through A Digital Privacy Catastrophe: It’s Past Time For A Serious Nationwide Privacy Law
- Jeremy Harrison on LinkedIn
- Jeremy Harrison on Twitter
- Touchpoint on Twitter
- Reed Smith Twitter
- Chris Boyer Twitter
- Chris Boyer website