As health systems embrace customer-first strategies and consumerism, one aspect of many of these strategies is notable absent: price transparency. In this episode, hosts Reed Smith and Chris Boyer discuss how the industry is facing unparalleled pressure to publish their prices online. They discuss the recent executive order on health care price transparency, how payers, employers and hospitals are responding and then are joined by expert Michael Krivich, in which he shares his expertise in how health systems can embrace price transparency.
Mentions from the Show:
- Unpacking The Executive Order On Health Care Price Transparency And Quality
- Payers, employers protest price transparency rule as wrong-headed
- 75% of Patients Look at Price Transparency Ahead of Care Access
- Hospital Price Transparency: Making It Useful for Patients
- Michael Krivich on LinkedIn
- Michael Krivich on Twitter
- Hospital Price Transparency Equals Accountability and Healthcare Price Wars. Getting Ready Starts Now – Update.