Digital professionals in health systems are aware of the importance of accessibility and usability, but often the two terms are used interchangeably. In this episode, hosts Reed Smith and Chris Boyer discuss the nuanced differences between the two terms, share recent trends on ADA non-compliance and even discuss how voice-first devices can be used to support accessibility. They are joined by Kris Rivenburgh, attorney and founder Accessible.org, in which he shares his experience with ADA Website compliance and web accessibility and how health systems can begin to address this important issue.
Mentions from the Show:
- 4 Healthcare Companies Sued Over ADA Website Compliance (and Why it Matters!)
- Accessibility, Usability, and Inclusion – from W3C
- Smart Speakers & Web Accessibility: How Voice Technology is Helping Disabled People
- The ADA Book – how to reduce your risk of an ADA Website Compliance lawsuit
- WordPress theme designed and developed by Kris to fully meet WCAG 2.0 AA.
- Kris Rivenburgh’s Medium site
- Kris Rivenburgh.com
- Kris Rivenburgh on LinkedIn