In this episode, Chris Boyer and Reed Smith discuss the concept of the “Digital Front Door” (again) and really attempt to define it and outline the various technologies and approaches that comprise typical health system front door initiatives. Ben Dillon shares his expertise in the “Ask the Expert” segment of the show. Overall, they conclude that perhaps the challenge with trying to define the “Digital Front Door” is that it perhaps instead of defining it as a technology strategy, it should be defined as an experience strategy.
Mentions from the Show:
- TP90 – Enter Through the Digital Front Door Oct 2018
- TP183 – The Digital Front Door is Neither the “Front” Nor a “Door” Aug 2020
- TP208 – When One Digital Front Door Closes, Another Opens, Jan 2021
- TP247 – The Digital “Revolving” Door, Oct 2021
- Digital Front Door 2021: A View Through the Eyes of Market Leaders – 2021 KLAS report
- The evolution of the digital front door in healthcare
- What’s Behind Your Digital Front Door?
- Ben Dillon on LinkedIn
- Ben Dillon on Twitter
- Reimagining the Healthcare Digital Experience