In this episode, hosts Chris Boyer and Reed Smith discuss the top challenges social media companies are facing, and how the recent evolution of social platforms are conducive to health system marketing and communications strategies. From the challenges with content, the movement to paid approaches and the steady loss of importance of social media followers, it’s important to ask: is social media (as we know it) dead?
Mentions from the show:
- A Social Media Status Update – New York Times
- Social Media Trends for 2022 & Beyond – Sprout Social
- Everything You Need to Know about Social Media Algorithms
- Removing Certain Ad Targeting Options and Expanding Our Ad Controls
- The End of Social Media and the Rise of Recommendation Media
- Meta Sued For Violating Patient Privacy, Scraping Health Data From Hospitals