More than a third of the US workforce is taking advantage of the benefits of the freelance (gig) economy – but how is that impacting healthcare? In this episode, hosts Chris Boyer and Reed Smith discuss the changes in the healthcare workforce and the demands that our freelance economy are having on health systems and physicians – from new methods of billing to how on-demand applications are changing healthcare delivery. They are joined by Manoj Jhaveri, co-founder and CEO of Hyr Medical Inc, in which he shares how the freelance economy is impacting the relationship between health systems and physicians.
Mentions from the Show:
- Sharing Economy definition on Wikipedia
- Gig Worker definition on Wikipedia
- On-demand Healthcare Applications: Are They our Future?
- How the gig economy stands to change healthcare
- Bringing the Gig Economy to Healthcare
- Manoj Jhaveri on LinkedIn
- Manoj Jhaveri on Twitter
- HyrMed on Twitter
- Hyr Medical’s Manoj Jhaveri: ‘We knew that this was a big, hairy, audacious problem worth solving’
- The Future of Healthcare Technology Roundtable