The trends in healthcare consumerism are leading organizations to introduce more self-service and choice. But how can health systems know when they are going too far? In this episode, hosts Reed Smith and Chris Boyer discuss how necessity is becoming the strongest consumer force, and they also discuss why too much choice might be a bad thing for healthcare consumerism. Steve Leibforth of Everyday Health Group joins to share the results of a recent survey on changes to how patients are searching for new doctors.
Mentions from the Show:
- Do I need this? Necessity will be the strongest consumer force of 2022
- Why do we have a harder time choosing when we have more options?
- HOME #12 – Using Facebook for Hospital Online Marketing
- Looking for a New Doctor? Nearly Half of People Have the Same Goal, Survey Suggests
- Steve Leibforth on LinkedIn
- Steve Leibforth on Twitter
- Chris Boyer on LinkedIn
- Chris Boyer on Twitter
- Reed Smith on LinkedIn
- Reed Smith on Twitter