In this episode of Health Fail, Michelle & Zac sit down with Dr. Katriny Ikbal, CEO and Founder of DirectMed, a direct primary care practice in Austin, Texas.
Dr. Ikbal shares why she has embraced the direct primary care model and how this model helps to address some of the failures in today’s insurance-driven healthcare system. She believes that the direct primary care model provides the opportunity for more personal, high-quality care that is more satisfying for both patients and physicians.
- What is Direct Primary Care? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_primary_care
- DirectMed by Dr. Katriny Ikbal – https://www.directmed.care/
- Atlas.md EMR – https://atlas.md/
- Texas Free Market Surgery – https://texasfreemarketsurgery.com/
- Spruce Secure Messaging – https://www.sprucehealth.com/
- Find a DPC Doctor near you – www.DPCfrontier.com/mapper
- Want to become a DPC Doctor – www.DPCNation.com
- Recommended Podcast: The Doctors Farmacy – https://drhyman.com/podcast/
- Book Recommendations:
- The Longevity Diet – https://www.amazon.com/dp/0525534075/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_tKxxDbB4GVG83
- Food: What the Heck Should I Eat? – https://www.amazon.com/dp/0316338869/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_zJxxDbSS5SSCJ